GTS 8800 and 24 inch monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
It will, but it will struggle a bit....as that's a pretty high resolution. Just don't expect max settings.

I might just stay with a 22 inch monitor. The cost of the better video card and increased cost of 24 inch monitor does not appear to be worth it.

22" at 1680 x 1050, is perfect for the 8800GTS 320mb....and even better at 1440 x 900 on 19-20" screens, like nickm mentioned.

The card will run the monitor just fine. It may not be able to run brand new games at the highest res on full settings. But you don't need to have the highest resolutions for games. As long as you have the game set to a resolution that's the same aspect ratio, you'll be fine.

Get the monitor if you can afford it. You'll have a lot of desk space. But don't expect to play all games on the native resolution.

I got my gts 320 wednesday and picked up an acer 24" last night. My framerate in world of warcraft came down from a solid 60 at all times to around 50-60 depending on how many people are on the screen. But i also plan on stepping up to either a gtx or g92 when i get close to the 90 day mark. So it can handle 1920x1200 pretty well, i'll see how well it holds up when i get bioshock tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom