What is safe voltage for AM2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
Is around 1.5V too high for AM2? I'm at 1.465 right now, just don't wanna fry it.

I think 1.5-1.55 is the cutoff point. It depends on your temperatures too. If it's too high, then don't add anymore. The highest I've ever went, was 1.55v.

Temps around 40*C idle and around 55*C load. Not perfect but shouldn't hurt either.

i had my old 4200 up to 1.6V for a second. it was pretty hair-raising though. high temps, yikes. didnt really help th overclock either. i need watercooling...:eek:
those temps are fine crazed. my 3600 at 1.425 idles at 36 loads at about 50.
if you've got the voltage up to 1.465, you probably have the ghz close to maxed out. you may get up to 3.2 with 1.5, but heat/performance trade off probably wont be worth it.

my 2 cents worth is that you should be fine with any voltage acceptable to the Rev E S939 processors (in other words all the recent cores; Venice, San Diego, Manchester, Toledo). so up to ~1.6v should be ok with good air cooling or passable water cooling. however for the newer 65nm cores i can't be sure what the safe limit would be, though i can say with certainty it would be lower as is always the case with a lower die process size. my guesstimate would be ~1.55v as a comfortable medium.

Well it was doing alright at 3GHz at 1.4v, but it occasionally would freeze randomly on me...so I bumped up the voltage a bit more and it's better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom