Upgrade my PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the responses so far. I just want a minor upgrade that will last me for about a year and a half. Something that will run Counterstrike and BF2 with medium - high settings and decent FPS. So from your suggestions, correct me if I picked the wrong parts, I should get:

Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N554-AX GeForce 7600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - CORSAIR ValueSelect 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - COOLMAX V-400 ATX v2.01 400W Power Supply 100~132VAC or 200~264VAC FCC, CSA, UL, CB, TUV - Retail

Did I miss anything? Are they too cheap? Will they all work with my PC?
Again thanks for your help.

I agree with the above, If you build a new PC, you will get many more years of usage out of it as opposed to upgrading. But with your current configuration, you could upgrade and maybe get a couple of more years out of that. Go for a EVGA 7600GT for your graphics card, If you have PCI-E support, which you probably do, since your computer is newer. I would also get about a gigabyte of RAM for your computer, you probably need DDR2, but check to make sure! go with a brand like Corsair, or Kingston for the RAM. They cost a bit more, but it is better than having a non brand name RAM with no support, warrenty, and the stick just frying your entire configuration. Same goes for your PSU (Power Supply Unit). You're most likely going to need one for your new graphics card and RAM (mostly the card). DON'T BUY CHEAP! I know, from experience, if you buy a cheap, offbrand power supply, you will get exactly what you pay for. It will have a shorter life, and you risk endangering all the parts you just bought. Go with a 500-550W PSU, and go with a brand like APEVIA or Antec. Good Luck!

I Don't know how long the Coolmax will last you, a $20 dollar PSU sounds too good to be true..... and make sure that the RAM you buy is the right kind for your computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom