New Build...

Status
Not open for further replies.

suicide007

In Runtime
My two summer jobs are pretty much over and i have about 1100 bucks for a new build. i was thinking somethin like this:

Wish list details

and btw i have an 8800gts i bought earlier this summer for my current pc, and im gonna move that to my new one and use my old 6800 in the old one.

and im getting vista because my school started using it, and plus some dx10 games should start coming out soon. And my parents r buying me msoffice 2k7, and if i upgrade to vista l8r then i dont wanna have the xp version of office, so i figured i would go ahead and get vista. besides, i still have this pc (in my sig until my new build. lol.) to run xp.

so after all that and the 8800gts and shipping it comes out just under $1500. What do u think? any suggestions?

That motherboard isn't really necessary. I would suggest you get the P35-DS3R because you can overclock it further with that motherboard. It's a motherboard many people suggest here on Tech-Forums. 700W isn't really needed but the Corsair 620HX or Xclio GreatPower 520W PSU are both really good PSU's and it'll save you some money. Always remember, it's about the AMPs, not the Wattage. For the RAM's I would suggest you to buy the Crucial Ballistix. A few dollars cheaper, easy to overclock and a very good perfomance RAM. A Tuniq Tower 120 for an HSF is really good already. You can get a Tuniq Tower 120 for about ~$47 at SVC.com. That's the place where you should buy your HSF, case fans, and some other stuff. Everything else seems fine. One thing though, I don't see your video card anywhere in your wishlist?

That motherboard isn't really necessary. I would suggest you get the P35-DS3R because you can overclock it further with that motherboard. It's a motherboard many people suggest here on Tech-Forums. 700W isn't really needed but the Corsair 620HX or Xclio GreatPower 520W PSU are both really good PSU's and it'll save you some money. Always remember, it's about the AMPs, not the Wattage. For the RAM's I would suggest you to buy the Crucial Ballistix. A few dollars cheaper, easy to overclock and a very good perfomance RAM. A Tuniq Tower 120 for an HSF is really good already. You can get a Tuniq Tower 120 for about ~$47 at SVC.com. That's the place where you should buy your HSF, case fans, and some other stuff. Everything else seems fine. One thing though, I don't see your video card anywhere in your wishlist?

i agree on the suggestions..... about the bolded part... he said that in his post.... with those suggestions phuchg said... Sound card = overkill unless ur a sound phile.. get an extremegamer.. or soundblaster audigy, that rolls to 1100$ ish... oh wait.. get an q6600, since ur blowing this much cash

Also for the same price you can pick up an antec 900 from fry's right now and its a better case. After looking over it again, switch over to a ds3r motherboard, corsair 520 power supply and nix the sound card then pick up a q6600 from clubIT so you get a G0.

i think im gonna stick w/ the mobo, cause i might upgrade to sli sometime in the very far future, which is y i got the 700W psu. And i am a music freak. Plus, i edit movies a lot and sometimes make soundtracks and stuff on the computer, and i need a good sound card 4 that. And i have a 120 dollar headset.

And i switched to the e6750 cpu. how long have those been out?

Well, how about spending a few more dollars on the P35C-DS3R? SLi compatible and it's exactly the same board as the P35-DS3R, except with another PCI-e slot? :happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom