Problems during opening hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

besan

Beta member
When I try to open a hard drive instead of opening the hard drive the operating systems opens the command prompt for example: C: \> or D: \>. This happens for every drive CD or Floppy or Removable Storage or Local disc. The command prompt option is the default option on the menu that opens when I right click on any of these devices. What's wrong with my OS?

If anyone has experienced this problem before please help me!

Sounds like a spam message for me, maybe I am wrong so, on command prompt type :

C:
cd/""
start c:

Save it as a batch file, if it doesn't open with this then I don't know how else, anyway you could also try typing the drive name in a web browser like IE or FF. I don't know how this prob it can be solved, maybe it is a regisrty prob, ofcourse if that message isn't spam, works for me 1 post plus anyway. Sorry if I'm wrong with your identification but 1 post is really really curious.

I had this problem awhile back. It happened to my because I was trying to change the drive icons. Instead of expanding the drive or folder, it would open a search box haha. It was a registry fix, as on the bottom of this link. Search Companion Starts If You Double-Click a Folder or Drive

There's nothing wrong with your os, you just did something that made it change to this. It's very easy to fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom