opty and g.skill

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOWWW i see the benefit of an opty :)
i could squeeze a lot out of that, for sure. is that the highest opty i can get for 939?

cpu-z.jpg

am i being thick or should my ram be running at 200mhz? this is the first time i've looked at its speed. it's kingston pc3200 cl3 and i thought i was supposed to get 200mhz out of it. has one of the settings not been set right perhaps?

right, that opty has a heck of a lot more cache than mine! i presume the HT speed is the same.

i'd quite like to compare a benchmark with your setup thirdshiftdj ;)
can you reccommend any? what do you use?
I use everest and sisandra sometimes 3dmark06 for benchmarks. I'll eventually try for a higher clock once I get better cooling for it. I benched my FX-55 San Diego @ 2.9 and its nowhere near my opty in some catagories even though it was still sick for a single core. I highly recommended getting them. Let me know which program your gonna use for comparison.

sorry?

... Opteron 185 2600 MHz 2 × 1024 KiB 1000 MHz 13x 1.35/1.3V 110W Socket 939 OSA185DAA6CD

thats right.. but thing is.. why get a higher series Opteron with the exact same specs except clock speeds... when u can overclock the 165 to match a 185 or something... plus the opty 165 pushes 2.6ghz without a sweat

thats right.. but thing is.. why get a higher series Opteron with the exact same specs except clock speeds... when u can overclock the 165 to match a 185 or something... plus the opty 165 pushes 2.6ghz without a sweat

yeah ok i see. plus i've heard people are getting very little extra from their 185's. they're getting like an extra 100mhz when they overclock over what can be achieved with a 165 when overclocked. which is a lot to pay for such a small amount extra. i see now, thanks.

So I found my max on my g.skill ns' is 240 with 2.5,3,3,6 1t. I keep my cpu at 2808 on stock vcore with 21 hours of dual prime and 9 hours of memtest. My question is I know I need to run a 1:1 ratio and keeping my cpu at 2.8 my fsb is 312. Should I just run it at 240 with my memory keeping it at 2.16 and not running a divider? I've read how AMD needs to run in sync with memory otherwise its just garbage. I also have a prob trying to get it to run 1:1. I set my mem to limit at 200mhz and bump my fsb up to 240 but cpuz says its not at that ratio. It says fsb:dram = cpu/9. Apparently I'm missing something.

Sorry to bump this old thread and post in my own as well but may help if I post here. What is this NS RAM? Anyone?

Do you think that would work in my mobo?
I don't know how it works with RAM compatibilities, I just keep seeing G.Skill RAM mentioned as compatible for lanparty mobos and such...makes me wonder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom