Just confirmed the parts on my first build.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CPonder14

In Runtime
Let me start by saying i will be using this Computer mainly to:

Surf the Net
Watch Video Clips on the net
Play games (java) on the net
Download NFL, NHL,NBA games via torrent.
Play a couple High End games such as Madden 08', NHL 08', NBA 08', and a few others. But Im not an avid gamer, only a few times a week(if that).
I would also like to have multiple things running at once without lagging.
I also want to be able to upgrade with ease in the future.

I am pretty set in my parts, but if you guys think i messed up on a part i am definitely willing to listen.

Parts are:
Check post #6

Your link is bad. We won't be able to see whats in your shopping cart. (since it uses cookies to display).

If you want to show your parts you have to creat a new egg account, then create a saved wish list, then click the option to share it. Then you can post the link for it.

Your link is bad. We won't be able to see whats in your shopping cart. (since it uses cookies to display).

If you want to show your parts you have to creat a new egg account, then create a saved wish list, then click the option to share it. Then you can post the link for it.
DO THIS ^^
still dead link

DO THIS ^^
still dead link

I did that..........

I created an account.
I then called my wish list "my first build".
i added the parts
I then clicked "share"
I then clicked on my first build
I then copied the address bar and pasted it here.

I must of skipped something..........

Oh well ill just list the parts separately.

Case- XION Hydraulic XON-566TB Black with Blue LED Light Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
Newegg.com - XION Hydraulic XON-566TB Black with Blue LED Light Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail

Motherboard- GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3R LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

Video Card- EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail
Newegg.com - EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

Power Supply Unit- Powertek PowerTek770W ATX 12V 2.2 / EPS 12V 770W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE - Retail
Newegg.com - Powertek PowerTek770W ATX 12V 2.2 / EPS 12V 770W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CUL, FCC, TUV, CE - Retail

Processor- Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail
Newegg.com - Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 Conroe 2.13GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor - Retail

Memory- Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail
Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Hard Drive- Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar SE WD2500JS 250GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

DVD Drive- Pioneer Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM
Newegg.com - Pioneer Black 18X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 10X DVD+R DL 18X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 32X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2MB Cache E-IDE/ ATAPI DVD Burner - OEM

Operating System- Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2B 1 Pack - OEM
Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows XP Professional With SP2B 1 Pack - OEM

Total came to 960.92$ without Shipping/Taxes
80.00$ Mail-In-Rebate brings it to 880.92$ without Shipping/Taxes

Well, it looks pretty good. But I suggest you up the hard drive to 320gb/500gb. That way you have more room for videos. And that Powersupply is overkill, You won't need anymore then 600W but make sure it's a good trustable brand.

Well, it looks pretty good. But I suggest you up the hard drive to 320gb/500gb. That way you have more room for videos. And that Powersupply is overkill, You won't need anymore then 600W but make sure it's a good trustable brand.

Yeah that 770w is overkill, but it will be good for down the road, and i got a deal. When i purchased the Ballistix memory, that PowerTek PSU came with it for a good combo deal. It saved me 100$. So it was a deal i couldn't pass up. Unless that PSU is bad quality.

Well the reviews posted are split lol. One says it's 5/5 the other 0/5. It seems like a good brand, but you might want to ask one of the senior techies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom