Mod USB 1.1 to 2.0?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Link68759

Baseband Member
I dont know much about this kindof stuff, but to me its logical that I should be able to get a USB 2.0 where a 1.1 was. Whether I just need to add power, or buy new heads, its the same size, so someone tell me what I would have to do to get the old G15 to have USB2.0?

you can't make 1.1 into 2.0. Its like agp won't work w/ pcie. or ddr2 and ddr. you'll just have to live with the lackluster performance of usb 1.1 on your keyboard.

but if I were to completely replace the heads? Wont the usb that plugs into the computer draw power accordingly?

USB 1.1 cannot be modded to USB 2.0 for the following reason: the controller doesn't support USB 2.0. The heads are all the same for both USB 1.1 and USB 2.0. Its the controller that determines the speed.

its like cutting a notch on a stick off DDR2 so itll work in a DDR mobo

Ok, I do understand what you are saying, the heads are the same, the controller wont support it, etc.

To make this perfectly clear, the keyboard itself is plugged into USB2.0. Someone confirm that it is not possible to replace the cord to make the keyboard draw more power, or something, and I'll shut up...

What doesn't make sense to me, is that if the heads are the same, and there are such things as multiple usb 2.0s coming out of one usb2.0...and a new revision of the logitech G15 will have powered usb in the keyboard...why cant one simply draw more power?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom