Is getting an Xbox worthwhile??

Status
Not open for further replies.
hehe, who'd think TheEnd187 would advocate Sony?

I mean, the fact that he felates them regularily threw me off ;)

Buy whichever has games you want to play more..the console is, really, unimportant. I'd google up some games list, make a list of which ones you like off each console, and then compare them, which do you want to play more?

The ps2 was a good system. I didn't buy it because I could only afford one and...Halo is, imo, the best game I've played since the SNES/Genesis level of games...

The ps3 might be a good system, if you like bragging about its specs more than you enjoy playing it- which you won't be doing much, since its unlikely to survive much longer unless it sees a huge spike in sales.

uf your talking xbox vs ps2 get the ps2
360 vs ps3 get the 360

why? because they have better games coming out and more out atm
and when halo 3 comes out youll be hooked

Yeah, I know I'm going to have to buy a 360 when Halo 3 Comes out...even though I love my wii, its halo 3...

But I've seen core systems go refurbed for $200, though, so I'm waiting until Halo 3 is actually out, maybe I can grab one for $175 or something. :D

if you get a core you can usually find people over at [H] selling 360 hdds for pretty cheap

im about to sell 2 of my 360s and save up for the premium with the falcon board

actually brinson he would have more fun playing ps3 than waiting for his refurbished 360 to come in the mail, and im pretty sure he doesnt want a system with failure rates as high as 33%, imagine you got a 1 in 3 chance of having it break, and then the one they send you also has a 1 in 3 chance of breaking. Also don't forget that Peter Moore EX. prsident of XboX said that all 3360's suffer from a manufacturing defect that will cause them all to break down.

^im living proof that that is not true
i have three 360s with 2 from launch and NEVER had onee problem with it

360 is still the better choice

The only problem I ever had with my 360 is that sometimes the drivebay sticks, while annoying it doesn't mean I have to wait to get a refurbished one.

If your into Japanese RPGs Playstation will have more of them, if your into games like Morrowind Xbox has quite a few of those. FABLE 2 looks awesome, KOTOR is a great game and Mass Effect looks awesome (same people who made KOTOR I).

It also has great action games and shooter games. IMO you can't go wrong with the 360, you get 90% of all the big titles with it like: Resident Evil 5, GTA IV, Stranglehold, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock (IGN gave the 360 version a 9.7), Soulcalibur IV, Guitar Hero III, Halo 3, Halo Wars, Madden, and a whole bunch more.

Since I'm not into much Japanese RPGs or fighters the only game I want for PS3 is MGS4, that's not to say the PS3 won't have some of the same big titles. Although I've heard Madden 08 for the PS3 has some FPS issues.

IGN: Madden NFL 08 Review

They gave the PS3 version a 7.7 and the 360 version a 8.7; to me it sounds like the 360 is much easier to develop for, wither your porting it or making changes to each version.

While LIVE gold costs money, like they say, you get what you pay for. Xbox LIVE totally destroys the PSN in all cases except PSN is free, but LIVE is totally worth it. You can even make free gold accounts but they expire after a month so technically you can play for free, but your achievement points won't last by doing so (nor your friends list), but at least you can try it out before you subscribe.

Killzone 2 is going to be mediocre at best, just like the first one (which I actually think was sub-mediocre. Halo killer my ***. Halo's story is much better/interesting than many shooters including Killzone. If you don't like it you:

1) Are biased against Halo and/or Xbox
2) Biased against Halo and/or Xbox but you are in denial about it.
3) You don't like Sci-Fi stories
4) You don't know what a good Sci-Fi story is about.

for me, i bought my own Wii the day after my birthday, bought my own present.

I bought it for reasons being 1) MAINLY for SSBB 2) for my older siblings n parents can play the Wii without having a negative feeling about playing video games seeing that its ok to play video games 3) to have better connection with my few friends who also enjoy playing video games 4 because Nintendo has interesting games n icons ive played back in the NES days n ive never left them 5) n last but not least, because of the exclusive games that CANNOT be on PC.

now i know i was off topic, but my point is i only see getting a console for exclusive titles n fun for me n others to enjoy. If it's ever going to be about graphics, then its PC for me.

if i were u, get an Xbox 360. Though it's not 100% backwards compatible with all Xbox games, but u can also enjoy Xbox n now next-gen console games fro the Xbox 360 now or in the future, FYI Halo 3 that every Xbox 360 hardcore fan bought the Xbox 360 mainly for.

for RPGs, im not so sure about that because i prefer RPGs for PC i.e diablo 2, Hellgate: London, but i all i can say is look to see what is the best reviews, commented, n rated RPG title for Xbox or Xbox 360, see if the Xbox game is compatible with Xbox 360, or wait for future RPG games for Xbox 360 in the future.

......whew......i said Xbox 360 too much, lol sry about that.

Since I'm not into much Japanese RPGs or fighters the only game I want for PS3 is MGS4, that's not to say the PS3 won't have some of the same big titles. Although I've heard Madden 08 for the PS3 has some FPS issues.

IGN: Madden NFL 08 Review

They gave the PS3 version a 7.7 and the 360 version a 8.7; to me it sounds like the 360 is much easier to develop for, wither your porting it or making changes to each version.

I know man it sure sucks thaat the ps3 cant handle 60-fps and AA, like what EA said, oh no wait how come COD4 on ps3 and 360 are both running at 60fps and AA?

On the official Call of Duty 4 message boards, one of the developers behind the sexy looking FPS has recently shot-down the rumor that COD4 on the PS3 would run at a sad Madden-like 30FPS with little to no anti-aliasing, versus the 360 version which has already been confirmed to run at 60FPS with AA.[/quote[ so as you can SEE from my quote the PS3 doesnt have fps issues its more like, ea has issues with being lazy,so screw the madden crap,, it only ran at 30fps because EA devs are lazy and wanted to cut back on dev costs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom