My Comp vs. CPUZ (and Speedfan won't work)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
Here's a screenie of my CPUZ vs. the My Comp window of the cpu speed. The My Comp one should be right. The fsb on cpuz is right, but not the multiplier (should be x8)....why?

Also, whenever I try to open Speedfan my monitor shuts off and i have to restart....any ideas?

untitled12sq1.png

that'll be a power management feature. I'm not sure what Intel's power management is called, (AMD uses Cool 'n' Quiet), but turning it off should make it use 8x multiplier all the time.

Its intel speedstep, you can enable it in the bios if you want. It steps down the multiplier when the cpu isnt under load. No idea about sppedfan, try everest.

Here's a screenie of my CPUZ vs. the My Comp window of the cpu speed. The My Comp one should be right. The fsb on cpuz is right, but not the multiplier (should be x8)....why?

Also, whenever I try to open Speedfan my monitor shuts off and i have to restart....any ideas?

untitled12sq1.png

like said above, its speedstep... what i'd do is take something CPU intensive... like... say a stress test from Prime95 or.... open a bunch of Browser programs to load ur system... then it'll go back up...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom