Upgrading help please :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhapsoapy

Solid State Member
hello again, YEY MY SECOND POST EVAR!!oneoneeleven1

anyways, my pc is runnin pretty slow nowah days and im told i should get more ram.. ive been eyeing up some 2GB stuff.. im gunna upload pictures of my slots and post a link here for the things i wanted and i need you guys to tell me if i should even buy the 2GB RAM......sticks? :p

The ram:

Corsair DDR2 value 2GB 667 MHz 2x128Mx64 2x240 CL5 - XCASE No1 For pc computer cases, atx cases & rackmount cases

the best pic i have of my slots for now are this: [note its one notch, i checked in advance for you guys.. cause im nice n all :p]

http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1623/motherboredti7.png

while im here, i know this might sound dumb but hey im still learning!, if i remove the stick of ram thingy-mah-jig that i have in the now.. i wont lose memory or files once ive replaced it right?

Also while im here i know i need PCI-E graphics cards would this one do:

ASUS 256/512MB GeF 7300LE TOP TV/DVI PCI-E - XCASE No1 For pc computer cases, atx cases & rackmount cases

thanks a bunch guys! :D

well what was your computer now? is it running on 67mhz ddr2? do you have 2-4 slots for ram? (depending on how big the sticks are) are you going to be gaming? if not, that should be fine, but id reccomend EVGA, but if gaming, you will need more than that

Your files are stored on the hard drive, not on the RAM. No worries.
What is your motherboard model number?

Yes, as what peter has said. The RAM is physical memory. Nothing is really stored in there, only the hard-drive has the OS and the data's. If you're planning to get some good performance RAM at a cheap price, I would recommend you get the Crucial Ballistix [DDR2 800].

well what was your computer now? is it running on 67mhz ddr2? do you have 2-4 slots for ram? (depending on how big the sticks are) are you going to be gaming? if not, that should be fine, but id reccomend EVGA, but if gaming, you will need more than that

how do i find this **** out?? and yes i will be gaming :p whats apc without games... a box with makes noises thats what. btw i have two slots. :p

oh uh also peter, im not entirely sure on the motherboard number cause i blew the last one and this one im using is the replacement put in by the call out techie :p how can i find out please

oh and i cheked my ram slots are DDR SDRAM. i dunno if thats anyhelp but it should be right? :p w.e jus yeah i found some numbers on my motherboard ill put em down exactly as i see ems:

FSB800
DDR400

im not sure if thats what you meant but its what i found.

Thanks alot.. its not too costly [gotta love the exchange rate] and its gunna be good enough for me. thanks alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom