Overclocking stories

Status
Not open for further replies.
:happy: it's all about unlocking multipliers? and they won't give you above 3ghz on a windsor? how high are people getting on an am2 6000+?

they're not that great overclockers... a little over 3.5ghz was gotten with Apokalipse, a mod here ... and thats with water cooling...

On this machine, through phase change cooling. I have it overclocked from a stock 2.6ghz up to 4.7ghz. Idles at negative 65 *C, full load hits negative 55*C

i was absolutely terrified of OCing my 2.4Ghz E6600 dual core but i did it anyway because thats why i bought it, because of its OCing potential. i tinkered with it for a few days and its now running at 3.0Ghz (25% faster) at stable temps and never going 1C over 60C. now thats what i call a result!

I'm proud to report that my pc is still at 3.4ghz and no issues. LOL....still using the same stock hsf and low end memory. Unlike most of you, I have saved even more $$$ by keeping stock cooling and cheap memory.

Last year I was using an Shuttle XPC small form factor with an amd XP 2400+ mobile cpu. I had that puppy at 2.3ghz(from 1.8) and I couldn't believe it since the shuttle case has a 250w ps with limited airflow. Anyway, I sold that puppy to a sucker and got $450(it was in perfect condition). That basically paid for half of my current setup excluding the 32" and dlp tv...and 500g hd.

Wow thanks for the replies guys. I forgot I even started this thread. By the way I definitely plan on OC'ing the next rig I build.....a quad over 3ghz just sounds like too much awesomeness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom