Upgrading 2 y/o PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would invest in a newer power supply. Why? Because you need the amperage and watt and reliability to run a higher end video card.

The 1950 should be fine for your purposes as it isn't going to burn your wallet. However, the 8800GTS 320MB is a good card for $299, and the card is also DX10 compatible. It should be able to run high demanding games on max with no problem.

You should consider upgrading your RAM as from experience, 2GB is a lot better than 1GB.

Not really. The CPU and RAM would be a fairly big bottleneck on the GFX, locking in all of its true power. I would go with option 2.

Not really. The CPU and RAM would be a fairly big bottleneck on the GFX, locking in all of its true power. I would go with option 2.

i agree... unless u get a real... real.. good overclock out of ur current card, u'll bottleneck ur 8800gts 320mb, also get an opteron 165 instead

Alright, well the card and the psu obviously have to come together, so what if I were to get those and choose between the opteron 165 and adding another gig of ram?

I'll take another guess and say that the processor upgrade will be more cost effective...

Am I wrong again? :freak:

If you get an 8800 with the 3200+, the CPU will bottleneck the card, you will want to get a faster CPU and a faster GPU if you are going to upgrade.

Alright, well the card and the psu obviously have to come together, so what if I were to get those and choose between the opteron 165 and adding another gig of ram?

I'll take another guess and say that the processor upgrade will be more cost effective...

Am I wrong again? :freak:

buy more RAM later.. get a huge upgrade now.. and make some extra cash and upgrade later... to these killer overclocking ram:

Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom