i hear a tick a tick a

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugabooz

In Runtime
I was recently working inside my pc case, when i dropped a screw in my case. I shook my case a little bit hoping to get it out. Im not sure if it acually came out or not, because i had a bunch of screws laying on my carpet, and being on carpet it doesnt make any noise. Anyways, now when i run my pc, i hear a ticka ticka ticka sound. Do you think that is the screw toughing something that is spinning? or i screwed up something by shaking it. I think the sound is coming from the hard drives.

Agreed with hefemeister. Backup your important files, because a ticking sound from a hard drive, is like a grim reaper for hard drives.

Depends how violently you shook it. If you shook it hard enough to hurt the hard drives you must have been bashing it off the floor.

Either that or the screw is caught in a fan.

Ok, well i wasnt shaking it that hard. I was just shaking it enough to make it fall out. I can't really determine where the sound is coming from. But is there a way to safely find a screw and remove it? Im guessing a magnet wouldn't be a good idea.

I usually lightly shake the case lightly like you did with power disconnected and listen. The main problem you could have is if it get under the mb it could short circuit something. If you are sure there is a screw in there and you cannot locate it I would pull the board and make sure it is not underneath. I would still have a backup just in case. you can also open the case and listen to it run to find out where the sound is comming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom