Ibuypower.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

jalmn

Baseband Member
Has anyone here had any experience with this web site? The PC's seem to be a pretty good value. I wanted to know if I could OC one of these computers or are the mobos locked?

cyberpowerinc.com is better imo.

I don't like either though, because they rip you off like $15-20% vs building.

And most of my friends who want to buy from them are just too lazy and certainly don't trust me to build it. Like pc's are mysterious evil creatures that are best left to the pros or something. pfft..

But other than selling you the build it yourself speal that will come shorty (or already), yes you can OC likely. A bit more info would help though.

And if you can OC (or if you think you can OC) why not build?

(i couldn't avoid suggesting I guess lol)

cyberpowerinc.com is better imo.

I don't like either though, because they rip you off like $15-20% vs building.

And most of my friends who want to buy from them are just too lazy and certainly don't trust me to build it. Like pc's are mysterious evil creatures that are best left to the pros or something. pfft..

LOL, I've experience the same thing myself. I even had a hard time convincing my relatives that it's better if I were to build them a pc rather than buying one at a store. They think they get better warranty even though I buy brand new quality parts. Anyway, if built it yourself, you will have a better pc. You'll save money too! If you still want to buy one from cyberpowerinc...go ahead. I'm sure it'll serve you well too. Shoot, my guess is that 90% of all pc owners aren't built by them. They leave that to dell, hp, compaq...etc.
Good luck.

I bought a pc from cyberpowerinc before. I was like 17 and didn't know enough about computers to build one so I went with these guys. It came in good condition and realatively quick. But they screwed me over on my mother board. I chose a Abit I-S7E or sumtin like that and it seemed faulty. But I was able to overclock it a good bit. It lasted 3 years then built one myself. I think you save more money if you build yourself.

Yeah, I've never built a pc from the ground up before, but with I have a couple friends who can help. I know what kind of specs I'm looking for, but I don't know what brands are good and what brands to stay away from. That's my main concern, buying a piece that sucks.

Yeah, I've never built a pc from the ground up before, but with I have a couple friends who can help. I know what kind of specs I'm looking for, but I don't know what brands are good and what brands to stay away from. That's my main concern, buying a piece that sucks.

don't buy.. u'll regret it... just tell what parts u wanna buy... and we'll tell u if it's any good

I will admit I am a noob when it comes to building PC's, so I'm here to learn.

The point of this build is to run WoW well on a low budget.

RAIDMAX Scorpio ATX-868WSP Silver 0.8mm SECC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 420watts PS2 ATX12V Power Supply - Retail

BIOSTAR NF4UAM2G Socket AM2 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

EVGA 256-P2-N751-TR GeForce 8600GT 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card - Retail

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ Brisbane 2.1GHz Socket AM2 Processor Model ADO4000DDBOX - Retail

Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT12864AA804 - Retail

Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM

ASUS 18X DVD±R DVD Burner with LightScribe and 14X DVD-RAM Write Black SATA Model DRW-1814BLT - OEM

ok looks fine... if ur just playing WoW, but there can be a couple of changes for extra performance, firstly go 7900gs, it beats ur 8600gt, and no using stock PSU's...

ok looks fine... if ur just playing WoW, but there can be a couple of changes for extra performance, firstly go 7900gs, it beats ur 8600gt, and no using stock PSU's...
Yes, I'm aware that the 7900gs is better. I just realized that I could probably fit that in my budget.

Can you recommend a PSU? I know almost nothing about them.

Edit: Should I buy any additional cooling items? I do plan to OC this stuff.

the 7900gs, is a super overclocker...

as for a PSU, u need like a a corsair 520

as for ur cooler... since ur going AMD, get a AF64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom