Will this work??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eric Vista isnt that difficult to work with. At all. There is very little different between the Vista UI and the XP UI. They dropped the "My" from teh computer, documents and stuff like that. Added some search boxes. That is about it. Other than that even a user off the street can deal with.

The "technicial" stuff you refer to isnt that much different from XP either. Installing drivers by .inf files is done the same way for XP as it is Vista. While most people dont know this technique it is still the same.

Is it Vista's fault? No. But the first thing people do is blame M$ and say Vista is ****. But it isnt. Vista has been out for 6 months final for 9 months. That is more than enough time for all these companies to get their act together and get stuff Vista compatable. They jsut didnt think people would jump to Vista that fast and now they have to play catch up.

**** if my Wife who doesnt use a PC often can use Vista and thinks it is better than XP, i am sure the people who can find this forum can figure out Vista as well. If they just try. They run into a prolbem and right away jump Vista.

SnyperCore...Vista has 1 crack that still works. The rest have been patched. And what's this. I have a legit copy??? I could care less about the anti-piracy things. Let them bring it.

Mikee Vista Basic will do.Even if your dad isnt computer savvy he should be able to use it jsut fine. If my wife can i am sure he can.

Vista is difficult. I can give a hundred examples, but I won't because I don't want to get into the vista vs xp thing

I will give 1 example. in the past if you move your documents folder to another drive or partition, everything else fell in line and everything worked.

with vista, you still have to manually move your picture and your music folder over manually or you can't access them (it will still check the old doc and settings folder for your music and picture and nothing is there). then when you put stuff there (especially downloading from the internet), vista still tries to send everything to the old C documents and setting folders.

cmon now. they fixed this problem when windows me was out

you need to remember. you were a beta tester. you know the end and out of vista. your wife pick up on things for this reason.

to a non literate person off of the streets, vista is like a rocket scientist OS. this same person could buy an xp machine and start figuring out stuff by himself. vista isn't that easy.

like I said, I know computers inside and out and vista have given me headaches. I almost threw the computer out the windows once. that's why I went to a dual boot vista/MCE sytem. so I would not be out of 1300 bucks (the parts cost of the machine)

I think it would be better (Easier!) to just let him do his lil vista rants, you not going to convince him, so why try?

After all, people are entitled to their opinions..

I didnt teach my wife anything. She wouldnt understand 3/4 of what i said if i tried. But after i install Vista she was much happier than she ever was with XP.

Granted i had to get all the drivers and get everything running for her. But she can still navigate it easily. I dont know why you moving of the Documents folder went like that. When i moved mine everything went with it.

I really didnt mean to start this war over. I dont mean to keep fanning it either. But all it takes is time to learn Vista. It isnt that much different from XP. **** i still see things from 98 in Vista. M$ hasnt changed much above the hood. It is below the hood that has changed.

I just wish people would stop blaming Vista for all the problems. Espically when Vista isnt the thing to blame. Drivers and shotty applicaiton support isnt Vista's fault.

Yes i may have a advantage since i was a beta tester. But even so most people here have used it back then as well. There was hundreds of people that got the public Beta let alone the pirated versions. So why the stink now?

I just wish people would stop stating opinions as fact and just let people make the dicision for themselves. Just cause someone is against Vista doesnt mean that someone else wont be. But then they get that 1 person who says that Vista is buggy and shouldnt be run and take it as fact and boom. That person misses out on something they might have liked.

I know its true that each person is different. We see it all the time. I am just trying to help point out the fact that Vista isnt buggy as everyone says. It isnt this god awful OS that M$ just threw together from some junk they had laying around the office. It was a well concieved piece of software that was well over 2 years in the making. That much cant be said of any other OS created by M$.

how can you hate every OS that comes out, when vista came out i was eager too see what it was like and i brought it almost straight away, i have had no problems with it AT ALL

difficult? hahahaha, i would like to see 100 examples of how it is bad,

you will see thousand of them once hacker find that open garage door.
let say a disgruntle employee of sony get fired and he just give the opening to somebody else. it will be all bad for windows.

ok his computer is running vista now. took a long time to get it going though
the only problem is its a little slow cuz its only got 512mb ram but not much slower than xp was with everything loaded.
I don't know how long its going to work for him though since it had to be cractivated.

i've loaded Vista Ultimate on several different older machines, and at first it is a little slower than xp. but over time it will get a little faster.

and from what i read SP1 is supposed to be fixing any cracks left out there, for the time being anyways. although thats just what i read.

Errm actually ive got vista Home Premium on a 1.8Ghz Duron with 768mb and a SIS gfx card working fine .. so mssssseee2 were did u find that wrong information ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom