Help with new build....

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about uninstalling the motherboard drivers, and reinstalling them. Maybe he messed up the process of installing the motherboard drivers.

How do I uninstall motherboard drivers without being able to do anything in Windows? Is there a way from the DOS prompt or the BIOS or something? Also, will clearing the CMOS do anything? And does anyone know how to clear the CMOS on a P35-DS3R, while we're on the subject?

Resetting the CMOS might work. To clear up the CMOS, turn off the computer, take out the CMOS battery for one minute, and place it back.

That would be the last thing, if he doesn't want to lose any files, in the computer right now.

Then he should reformat, and install everything correctly, if nothing else we suggest...works.

Alright, just cleared CMOS, started up Windows....nothing. I don't quite get how the driver CD from the manufacturer would cause everything to go out of whack...but...I guess we'll have to reinstall Windows. Anyone know if we can just do a quick reformat, or if we have to do a full reformat? Full reformat took about an hour last night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom