Lcd monitor/tv

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpacifistx

Beta member
Hi all, i'm not a nub to games but when it comes to hardware im kinda mad nubish so take it easy on me =P....I have 2 questions.

Question 1- I've heard recently that you can get a lcd tv and hook it up as your monitor, I was wondering if this feature can be utilized by all lcd tvs or just some special features on some of em?

Question 2- Is there any lcd tv that has this feature that is highly appraised by gamers or that you guys would recommend? I'm mainly looking for an lcd tv thats between 27-37 inches for under 1k.

Any help is greatly apperciated =) thx for ur time.

I'll tell you what little I can. LCD tv's are good becasue you see their price and you're like HOLY COW 500 for 30 inches or something. But...their resolution isn't good. It's around 1366x768, which is disgusting. It's around a 15-17 inch monitor's resolution. SO...If you have a budget that high (anything lower than 1k) I would just get a regular 22 inch Samsung monitor. I THINK it's the 226bw. However, there are some problems with it, such as there being three different models. The A, C, and S. If you get an S, you're lucky. If you get any other model, you aren't. SO...you would have to calibrate it.

Well the reason i was considering the buying an lcd tv and use it for a monitor is because i need a new tv ne wayz and im soon gonna build a high end comp...jus thought that way i might b able to kill 2 birds wit 1 stone so to speak

That will work, if you don't mind the low resolution of an LCD TV. heh...You'll get higher framerates on that resolution.

I have a 32" LCD TV, with a resolution of 1366 x 768. It doesn't look that bad. It was clear to me, since that it's native resolution. But I couldn't fit a lot into the screen, compared to my 22" LCD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom