Building new comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwuarre

Baseband Member
Im building a new comp and I was some recommendations for what to get. Basically what im looking for is a Mid/High avg gaming computer around $600. It would be nice to run Crysis with the computer but ill live if I have to upgrade. Please correct me if I make a mistake with compatibility, I have no idea what can go with what :confused: :eek:
Case
MoBo
Graphics Card
PSU
CPU
RAM(I might get 2 more gigs in the future)
CD/DVD Drive
Sound Card
Ive been looking around and this came up. Now im a complete idiot but im assuming those bottom two are amazing bargains so would I want to buy one of those instead of the one I linked above?
Thank you very much,
Sean

That looks like a good budget gaming computer. I wouldn't say high end though. More like a low/mid gaming computer. I don't know if you can run Crysis on that. The graphic card will struggle. Unless you put Crysis, on it's absolute low settings.

The amazing bargains that you were talking about, are not great for gaming, compared to the 7600GT.

ok, for once somebody (you) didnt put a ridiculously powerful PSU on their list lol, ok the case: the case is fine but ou could get a more expensive one if you wanted,

the mobo: looks good and supports SLI, im not sure about the chipset as i dont know a lot about them

the CPU: good CPU but you could get a cheaper one and overclock to the speeds f the 5000+

sound card: isnt neccessary as mobos come with HD audio these days

RAM: G-Skill RAM is good but i wouldnt bother getting another 2gigs as 2 is fine

Cheap GFX: the bottom one is ok but its designed for a small case, the one on your list as a better clock speed

PSU: fine

That's true. If you're not picky about sound, the sound card isn't needed, because onboard sound is decent these days.

You can also save money, by just getting the X2 3600+, and just overclock it. It can overclock to X2 5000+ speeds, for almost half the price.

A. How do you overclock something, what does it do, how does it affect performance and what all can you clock.
B. Couldnt I overclock a 5000+ and it would perform like a 6000+!?
C. Why are those specific video cards not good for gaming

Everything looks great! The bargains aren't really good for gaming because those VGA's are made for Video Editing and Adobe Photoshopping. Get the X2 3600+ like b1gapl has said, and overclock it.

Overclocking the CPU is done soley in the BIOS, you raise the frequency and voltage of the CPU so it runs faster then it did. You would need a good cooler if you were aiming to take that 5000+ upto speeds of the 6000+,

the 6000+s stock speed is 3GHz whereas the 5000+ is 2.6GHz so it shouldnt be to much of a struggle to get it up to that speed

A. How do you overclock something, what does it do, how does it affect performance and what all can you clock.
B. Couldnt I overclock a 5000+ and it would perform like a 6000+!?
C. Why are those specific video cards not good for gaming

You overclock the CPU through the BIOS. What it does, is it allows your CPU to run beyond it's stock specifications. This will boost performance, if you get a high enough overclock.

Yes, you can overclock the 5000+, to 6000+ speeds...to have it perform like one.

Those lower end 8 series, are good for media, such as video encoding and decoding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom