orientation of hsf??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamie-Kane

Baseband Member
okay, im about to put the hsf on, but im not sure which way to make it face. which way should it face?

position 1:
IMG_1891-1.jpg

position 2:
IMG_1892.jpg

position 3:
IMG_1893.jpg

position 4:
IMG_1894.jpg

and also, do you think i have applied the thermal paste well enough?
IMG_1897.jpg

It depends partly on which direction the fan spins. You want the air being pushed/pulled to the exhaust fan.

ive just been told by someone else that position 2 is the best as the fan will blow directly into the case fan, and the 200mm fan will draw more air up through the bottom.

i think it should be position 2
but not too sure
just looking at the fan
normally if u add a blob of thermal paste and just place the fan ontop
the paste will spread out

Position 2 is the most common, and correct way for most cases. Position 3 could be correct, as heat rises...it will be taking the air from down below and pushing upwards, towards the 200mm fan.

I don't know what you did with the thermal paste, but the best way to apply thermal paste, is to put a dot, the size of a grain of rice, right in the middle of the processor. Then you let the heatsink's weight spread it out, as you seat it on top.

hey thats what i sed lol
u just copied me (jokin u just know more than me plus i got here before u)
lol :)
anyways wat my and b1g sed lol

Yes...that is what you said, but it is vague. I just explained it, in more details.

position 3 would work well, but i dont know if your hsf will actually mount that way.
like b1g said, 2 is the most common. i have a cnps9500, and thats how i use it. it wont work for me set up like position 3. plus, i dont have that huge honkin fan in the top of my case.

Position 2 will be the most common way. The Fan is facing towards the front panel, so that's an intake fan. Fan blows the hotness out of the heatsink and the exhaust fan pulls it outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom