Size of a 8800 card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolv

AKA , gt7sanremo
Can anyone give me any possible dimensions of a 8800 series card? I'm thinking about buying one and I have a mid tower case. And I already have a evga 7950gt with a zalman heatsink on it, just wanna make sure a 8800 can fit in my system.

Its huge. something like 9" long and 2 bays. I just got my gts last night and with a hard drive in the top 3.5" slot it sits about 1" inch from the hard drive. BTW the gtx is even bigger.

The GTX is about 10.6 inches long (26.9cm). I mostly see it pass the motherboard just a little. And the GTS is 9 inches long (23cm). I mostly see this, match up the motherboard's length.

Geez they are kind of big. I might just hold off a while until the prices go down for them. But when the time comes hopefully one will fit.

The prices on the gts probably arent going to drop much more. I picked mine up for 304 with a 25 dollar rebate from micro center and i plan to either step up to a g92 or gtx depending on the prices when i near my 90 day mark.

Ya I just want to get a new one maybe for crysis and the new ut3. I'm gonna get Bioshock next week hopefully I can run that at decent settings.

Well i got my 8800 gts superclock yesterday and compared to my old 1650 pro its night and day difference. You wont be disappointed. If you decide to get one, pick up the evga superclocked model and make sure to register it within 30 days of purchase so you get the lifetime warranty and can step up.

You can save money, by just getting the non-factory overclocked, and overclock it yourself. But if it's not that much more or the same price, then it's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom