e6750 Overclocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
So i just pieced together my new rig today (pics to come) and have an e6750 w/ a tuniq 120 in an antec 900, basically my question is this:

What (presumably) could I OC to, and what/when should I increase the vcore on the cpu?

Also, I want a 1:1 ratio, so is it my understanding, that, lets say i want my ram at 1,000mhz, so it'd be 500*7=3.5ghz cpu speed? Also when/to what would i need to increase my ram voltages?

With a Tuniq and the DS3R, I could see 3.4GHz at least, to 3.9-4.0GHz(if you're lucky).

You only increase the voltage on the vcore, when your overclock is unstable.

It's best to keep the RAM voltage at stock or manufacturer's specs.

thanks, so, tell me if this i understand this correct:

increase the FSB until it get unstable, then increase the vcore (how much at a time????) and then increase the fsb again until it gets unstable, etc...etc... until it gets too hot? what should my idle temp be around?

also, was i right on that 1:1 dram:fsb thing above?

Increase the vcore, only one notch at a time, until the overclock is stable. For idle temperatures, 30-45C is a good range to stay at. For load temperatures, stay below 60-65C.

Yes, you were right about the 1:1 ratio.

thanks b1gapl, ill let everyone know how it goes when pics come online

(p.s. do i have to wait for the thermal paste to "sink in" before i do heavy OCing?)

Heres an updating Overclock webpage that shows what people have been able to overclock to . Along with cooler used , MB and ram info . Keep in mind not all processors overclock the same . But it gives you an idea of what to expect .
Its a good idea to test everything using programs like Memtest/Prime95 etc... for a week or so at stock speeds . This also gives you a burn in time .
This way you have the opertunity to uncover any hardware issues at stock speeds .
The Official Core 2 OverClocking Database *READ 1st Post for Instructions* - [H]ard|Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom