So confused!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rycon

Solid State Member
Alright so I will try and make this short and sweet cause I know nobody wants to hear me blab, lol. Im a hardcore gamer, and my machine isnt cuttin it anymore on the new games (Current PC: HP Intel Celeron Pentuim 3 900 MHZ 256 RAM Gforce 4 MX PCI), so what I want is a machine BUILT for gaming, no BS that jacks the price, like burners and DVD nonsense, lol. But im so confused, I look on ebay at these computers that SEEM awsome, but how are they so cheap? I talked to a local computer store, and he says he can build me one if I just tell him what I want. I dont REALLY want to build one myself, because its all so very confusing, I mean I could put it together, but deciding on whats best I just cant figure out.

Anyway, what im looking for is a POWERFULL gaming computer, Like P4 or Athlon, 512 RAM, a POWERFULL gfx card (AGP). I dont need a OS, no monitar, nothin else, I plan on turning my current PC into a server or workstation. MONEY is a problem, im a student and I work, so im TRYING not to spend over $500 US. So anyway, if anybody could give me some templates or ideas, I would REALLY apreciate it, I just got FINAL FANTASY Online and it doesnt run well at all on my computer, and im super bummed out.

Thank you in advance for your help.

You are not going to be able to get a good gaming system for only $500. Save a little longer, and build your own. A decent gaming system is going to cost you at least $1200. I spent $2000 on my upper-midrange system. Building might seem intimidating at first, but its really pretty easy, plus you learn allot while doing it.

What are we talkin about for 1200? Theres just no way I can get that. Perhaps I mean that I want a gaming computer that can run the latest games, it doesnt have to be the most powerfull.

lol first off we dont care if u blab were here to help :p. But.. i mean i would go with a AMD since ur strictly using it for gaming. I would get a AMD. But i mean 500? Well look at it this way...But i mean i just got my ASUS p4p800S and a intel 2.8HT for 300 dollars. ITs a kick ass setup.. but i mean since price is a issue for u.. intels are cheaper. So i would get a intel. There very fast too. You just have to check around. But i mean... that was only for the motherboard and CPU.. You still need memory, a HD, a video card, case, fans, powersupply. So your prob gonna be spending around 600-700 dollars. Prob even more if ur gonna have someone to build it for u cause if labor charge. So thats why you should build it yourself.

I have compiled a list of basic parts for a gaming system close to your price range. Hope this helps

Case: Atech - - ATX Mid Tower Case + 500W ATX Power Supply. -$30.49

Mobo: Asus A7V8X-X Socket A/VIA KM400 - $61.00

Processor: Athlon XP 2800+ 2.083Ghz 333FSB Processor - $87.00

RAM: Corsair - PC2700 DDR 512MB 64Mx64 184 DIMM Unbuffered - $85.00

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256MB - $94

Hard Drive: Magnetic Data Technology - White Label Magnetic Data Tech 80.0GB EIDE 7200Rpm 8MB,8.9ms - 54.99

CD Burner - $30

Any other items, such as modems, NIC, floppies, DVD, etc - $20-50

Windows XP - $100

Total cost
Approximately $591

that's a nice list, but go for pc3200 if mobo is compatible, u can get it for 77 bucks at new egg. i got my 160GB 7200Rpm, 8Mb, 8.9ms Western Digital for like 80 at circuit city. best buy had a sale the week before. the video card, keep the old one, that will help you out. and consider the processor. true, it's cheap, but a 2.083 for hardcore gaming?

here's my setup and i spent about 520 on it:
P4 2.8GHz at 533MHz FSB w/ 512 KB cache
512MB DDR PC2700 RAM
160GB 7200RPM WD hardrive w/ 8.9ms seektime
Soyo Dragon ATX Case
P4X400 Platinum Soyo Dragon Motherboard (garbage if you ask me)
128MB AGP GeForce PNY nVidia video card
400W neon lighted Power Supply

i got the case, mobo, and psu for 100 bucks from tiger direct, they have it in overstock, the ram for 70bucks from best buy 3 weeks ago, processor was about 170. and you can leave out the videocard (use the old one), cd drive(use old one, as i did), and there ya go.
good luck!

Rycon said:
no BS that jacks the price, like burners and DVD nonsense, lol.

Games are starting to come out on DVD (farcry and thief 3 for ex.)
Those 2 games are not available on CD format in Europe so it won't be long before the same thing happens here. It's no BS you'll need a dvd soon enough and they are not that much more expensive than CD rom nowadays.

Awsome! Exactly what im lookin for beed, I apreciate the template, I have windows XP, so I can knock that off. I didnt know that games are comin out in DVD format, so thanx for the tip. Im going to print this out and run it by the computer store, see if he can do it for those prices. I might get a custom case, I seen a few awsome ones, anybody custom make them here?

I apreciate the help and ideas guys, keep on sending them if you have more, im always up to learn.

Rycon said:
Im going to print this out and run it by the computer store, see if he can do it for those prices.

i'm pretty sure you wont find these prices in stores, but knock yerself out. you gotta research online to get shit like taht. or at least i think so.

Well its a small computer shop, or really, just a dude that builds computers, lol. He said he could build me one simular to that for that price, since he probly gets his parts from the net or special source.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom