Woot, got my 8800 gts

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok first off, i didnt realize how huge this thing is. So far its night and day difference from my 1650 pro, but my god it is hot.

Couple questions:
1: my dvi connection was working until i installed the driver for the video card now im back to using the vga adapter and vga input on the monitor. Also, when i boot up i can see my boot screen and bios with the dvi input but once windows boots it goes to no signal.

2: should i just turn the fan to 100% in ntune to bring the temp down?

Congrats on your 8800GTS. Well I don't know about the DVI ports but, if it works with the D-Sub adapter then use that instead. You can turn on the fan 100% if you want, it's not necessary though.

Its the "superclocked" evga. Specs are 576mhz clock speed, 837mhz memory speed and its sitting around 76 degrees at idle.

You should turn the fan 100%, if it's load goes over 85C. That idle is pretty warm.

1. Check your monitor for a DVI mode.
2. Check your Nvidia control panel for any special DVI settings.
3. Check your BIOS for any odd visual settings.
4. Use VGA to uninstall and reinstall drivers (in case of some odd corruption).

This is, of course, just basic troubleshooting, but most of the time one of these will fix something such as this. If none of these work then you may want to reinstall an older driver as well.

::-Chase-::

Hmm the fan settings are greyed out in the nvidia console. Whats that about. Ya the dvi crap is starting to annoy me as i havent found ANYTHING that should keep it from working *mutters*

Ya im looking in ntune and the fan speed options are greyed out. I just rebooted to check something and the dvi port on the monitor works all the way up until the windows splash screen. As soon as the splash screen exits i get the "no signal" message on my monitor and have to switch back to the vga cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom