Antec 900 annoying niggle

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonny_uk

Fully Optimized
Right had this case about 6-7months, got nothing bad to say about it but it has this annoying little problem where it sounds like the top 200mm fan is catching something and its like "tick. tick tick tick" as it goes round, ive had the side off while the pc was on but cant see anything that it could be touching so why isnt it silent?:confused:

Probably is catching on something. I have seen such a bad dust problem it has done a SIMILAR thing. Different sort of sound though. It doesn't really matter, when you stop hearing any sound, that's the time to worry.

Run an air duster through that old boy.

sometimes fans fail just like every other hardware, might just want to replace it. something internal might be making the noise thats why you cant see it.

I put my finger on the fan its spinning really strongly so i cant see its about to give up the ghost, the case isnt old either.
Hmmmm it doesnt do it all the time either.

yeah check wires and check if any of the fins arn't cracked, listen and see if its coming from the centre part of the fan

Ill probably end up trying to dismantle it so i can have a look at the fan itself, while its in place you cant really get your hand in anywhere especially with all my hardware in the case

Cheers for the suggestions so far though

Ive sorted it, put the fan on the fastest setting haha, not the proper remedy but hey id rather abit of extra wind noise than that annoying clicking

nah as i said its hard to see much without trying to take everything out and i cant be bothered to be honest! i only took everything out last week to get the dust out so im not doing it agian lol. anyway the clicking has gone, thats the main thing:D

Cheers for the replys though peeps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom