The P-35 DS3R New system build thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the system temp. The sensor on the mobo. Isn't that strange since my CPU is in the 20s C and my HDDs are 30 C ?

I had the same thing, my cpu and hdd temps were great but the system temp was high (around 45 idle 52 load), particularly when my video card would kick up. I ended up putting a fan blowing directly on a video card and now I idle at 36 and get to about 45 when video card is running at full (the 8800 has high temps). Plus the ambient temp in the room has a lot to do with this temp, and my room is that cool.

Yeah, I rearranged some fans, managed to break the fan on my tuniq though. Had a spare silverstone 120mm nine bladed fan, so not so bad. Temps after playing Oblivion were 51C before, and are now 41C. It has to be the 8800..

update: planned to order a q6600 g0 from clubit, but they were sold out! Hopefully they will restock soon or maybe my local frys or whatever, hopefully I can get my system next week, massive massive delays :(

Gigabyte P-35 DS3r
4 gb 6400 pc2 800
8800 gtx or newer
quad core 45nm
4 sata II hd's
soundcard
DVD RW

Would a Antec true power 550 watt power supply handle a rig like this.

lol my power supply is too much but i got it for 50 dollars off in a combo deal with corsair ram, it has 42 amps on 12v rail

Which brand 2X2 GB pc2 6400 ram is the best for this board? I saw reviews of ram they said did not work good with p5k boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom