Help cleaning up my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry, didn't realize you already covered it, kind of overlook large clumps of text.

(PS. I have checked in ad and remove programmes, and many of the programmes and files I want to remove are not listed)

I guess I'm the only one that read the PS. :)
I am assuming you mean its cluttered cause you can see icons on your desktop.

Right click anywhere on desktop and create a new folder. Rename it by rightclick on folder and choosing rename. Rename it USELESS. Now drag all the things yopu do not want to see or use and put it in folder.

Woolah, nice clutter free desktop.

^^nice idea i do that on the family computer when theres pictures im not sure whether people want or not

Hi again, thanks for the advice everyone.

However, I'll just clarify my issue.

Basically, the computer came with lots of programmes actually installed on it, and these programmes don't show up on the "add-remove prgrammes" list. I don't want to just delete the files for these programmes off the HD, because I know that there will still be traces of them left (on registry etc...)

The problem isn't that the desktop is cluttered, its actually the files and programmes installed and located on the HD that are causing the issue i'm trying to solve

Ok. Then right click my computer, explore C: explore, there should be a folder called PROGRAM FILES inside there should be folders with the same name as the programs you want to get rid of. In each of those folders should be ( maybe not always) a file called:

"uninstal.exe"

Go ahead and Click it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom