time for a upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah you should definitely hold up. that 3800 will proly clock relatively close to the 6000. close enough to avoid paying for it anyway lol. but the 6000 is a pretty big step up from the 3800, especially at stock speeds. and again...which corsair ram is it? model and speed.

actualy I am doing quite alot of video editing, but thats besides the point lol. I was told that for windows vista 4 gigs of ram is needed as vista uses more ram was i misinformed? and I really dont know how to overclock my cpu if anyone cares to help a little I can give it a shot.

as for the RAM I am not 100% positive on what exatly it is lol, I know its DDR2 twin2x2048-6400 if that tells you what you need...

thats a good rig atm
i would just upgrade the cpu and keep everything the same maybe add another gig if you want
and i thought u needed 2 gigs for vista

thats a good rig atm
i would just upgrade the cpu and keep everything the same maybe add another gig if you want
and i thought u needed 2 gigs for vista

2GB of RAM is not needed for Vista, it's just recommended for Vista, while the minimum needed is 512MB-1GB.

oh, well in that case i wont upgrade the ram then lol. as for the CPU do you guys think i should just go ahead and get the 6000 or just overclock for the time being?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom