frustrating computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
a few weeks ago, after i came back to my computer after the weekend and it would not turn on. I tested and swapped out the power supply but that was not the problem. I ended up getting a new motherboard and now this one will power the fans one but will not even get to the bios screen. i have all unnecessary hardware removed and nothing happens. When i had the cdrom plugged into the motherboard, the drive would not open. When i just had power to the cdrom it would open just fine.

is everything plugged in
check everything
also check the compatibility of all the parts
becuase if they are not compatible that might be the problem

it has onboard graphics (does not help) i put in a brand new pci video card (does not help) the motherboard is brand new so the battery should be good. the board does not beep at all, even when there is no ram in the slots.

Any lights on the motherboard indicating if its on? whats the full make of the mobo is the asus a7v333 the one your talking about?

Just to make sure its not a silly thing is the rocker switch on the back of the PSU on 1 and the power socket plugged in and on lol sorry but i needed to ask :)

ok so everything should be unplugged except 24 pin ATX connector the 4 pin ATX connector, the power switch , VGA cable to VGA port and 1 stick of ram thats all you need. I presume thats what your using? also what processor is it?

that board supports only pc2100 and pc2700 ram only and Pentium 4 3.2Ghz and celeron 2.2 Ghz according to its manual.

point to note is if the ram is faster than what the motherboard supports it should still work and downclock. Odds are your VGA is not working, that comp in your spec has an AGP graphics card you could try that in the mobo to see if the graphics is the problem.

i believe the problem is with the cpu. i have a 2.66 celeron adn the board is only rated for up to a 2.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom