Ht

Status
Not open for further replies.
But i heard that its good when dealing with programs that consumes a lots of resources such as burning, or video editing??

yea its good with that. My friend does a lot of video editing and stuff and he had it off one day cause he forgot he had it. He turned it on and he could see a big big difference.

My comp has ht and iv'e had it for a little while now so i have a lot of crap on it by now. This past week i stayed at a friends house for the week who had a 2.4 ghz P4 w/o HT and it was like hell for me with how slow the systems response was. O it feels so great to be back at home on my own machine :)

DyNaStY336 said:
My comp has ht and iv'e had it for a little while now so i have a lot of crap on it by now. This past week i stayed at a friends house for the week who had a 2.4 ghz P4 w/o HT and it was like hell for me with how slow the systems response was. O it feels so great to be back at home on my own machine :)

Then it's even more hell for me and my 2.0GHZ LOL! (P4) :p That's why I'm upgrading, whenever my dad stops being a n00b :p

when i was waiting for my parts.. i was on my moms comptuer (p4 2.53) with no HT. Man that thing is slow compared to a 2.8 with HT. lol

HT is great for low ram usage multitasking, but once you start using ram instence applications like having multiple instances of games, having low page file's left, HT will start working against you, not with you. and even crash your system.. I wish intel would fix that..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom