Broken Razer Diamondback Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

shorinhio

Solid State Member
I was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 yesterday, so nothing that requires furious clicking and i was using the scroll wheel quite gently when it just clicked and sank down a few mm into the mouse.

The wheel is now slightly titled and has no "bumpy" feel when you scroll. The wheel only responds when pushed down (i.e using the click function of the wheel) and so you can't scroll pages etc anymore. I think that the wheel has simply come off it's hinges or whatever the axel was plugged into, so would be relatively easy to fix as I didn't feel anything break indide the mouse.

Unfortunately, the mouse has no screws and I'm clueless as to how to get inside the mouse! If anyone has the same mouse and knows how dismantle it, please could you let me know! Or any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks.

I have no idea, but mouses are always junky. I happened to have loved when the middle wheel stopped clicking in my mouse, it made it so much easier to navigate. I could really hammer at the wheel then, took me no time to get to the bottom of a page. It just increased my efficiency by that much.

You likely won't be able to fix it, I wasn't able to fix when my mouse started requiring intense pressure on the left mouse button to "click". Another mouse always helps.

ah thanks. I managed to ease the buttons up slightly and it looks like one side of the wheel's axel has snapped- strange because it is thinner than the other side. If i can get to it I may try and take it out and superglue it back together, but it looks likely I'll be getting a new mouse!

i took it apart and superglued the broken axel back together, it works fine now!

Heh i was just about to suggest a screwdriver and some superglue. Ive had to fix a few mice in my time and superglue usually holds better than the crap they use to make it in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom