one questionnn.plz read

Status
Not open for further replies.

galant_mod

In Runtime
does amd still have the upper hand in gaming?its like everytime i surf the web of pcs, they will always say buy an amd set rather a core2.wad about the core2extreme and core2quad.in multi-tasking, they will win for sure. example, if i were to buy a pc solely for gaming and not multi-tasking,which would be better?

It doesn't make a difference, rarely does any different high-end processor have such a great difference in performance. Also, you can always switch to non-multitasking priority in the My Computer properties.

oic..soo does non-multitasking priority in the My Computer properties also refers to the programs?is it better to set it to background services if i have a dual-core??

In the Advanced Tab. Under performance you see Settings, click that. Now again go to advanced, processor scheduling would be best as Programs for gaming, and memory usage would be best as Programs for gaming.

I also recommend for good gaming, change virtual memory from automatic swap to custom from 2000 megabytes to 4000 megabytes.

Some might not recommend this, but the first thing you must know, automatic swapping does cost much CPU time itself, having a set amount keeps it from changing all the time and it never has to reset it's usage space, which it often does with Windows. They say doing this can make it slower, which it can. However for most games there are times where it must where it uses heavy memory and times it uses very little memory. Giving it a lot of roaming room is a good thing for games specifically.

oukay..if not for gaming?will there be an increase in overall system response if using background services?

Not necessarily, but a very minimal difference. It really only helps out over-packed systems with too much information going through.

at the moment Intel have the upper hand in CPU manufacture, i would choose a core2duo over a athlon x2, but if you have the money go quad core like a q6600

are they the same company but under different names? like Fanta sprite and dr pepper which are all coco cola company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom