Annoying operating system decision

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow the thread got really off topic, I don't want linux, I never wanted linux, I don't have the time it takes to learn all the versions of linux or which linux I want, forget linux, it wasn't in my requested options

What ****es me off most about Vista isn't really the performance hit ( usually less then 10% according to benchmarks ) its the incompatability. Alcohol 120 and Norton Corporate edition doesn't work with Vista, and I used those programs significantly. Now I can only wait and hope for vernongs reply :p

XP was and still is an amazing OS, but if I were buying a new rig today, it would be with vista home premium.

optimizations for mulit-core cpu's, new memory management (superfetch basically), security improvements, and dx10 are the real reasons, I don't care about having everything fancy looking.

XP was and still is an amazing OS, but if I were buying a new rig today, it would be with vista home premium.

optimizations for mulit-core cpu's, new memory management (superfetch basically), security improvements, and dx10 are the real reasons, I don't care about having everything fancy looking.

guess you have a point...still platinum edition is only like 5-10 bucks more then the home edition...the whole problem is with OEM u can only install it and its fixed to a mobo etc etc

Well I give you the point that they created a new "great" file system. A MySQL form of creating that index. Oh yeah, how great, only problem was you had to have over 4 gigabytes of RAM and a total of, what was it? 5 GHZ for it to be effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom