Gettin Chilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawnOfDoom

Daemon Poster
Okay i have an eVGA 7900 GS KO and its running at about 50C all the time under load or just idle i really really want to get the temp down to about 37-40 range

I want to get a cooler thats going to be able to still cool just about every graphics card because i plan to upgrade to a 9 series when it comes out

BTW any Everest users out there? if so then you know when you go to computer and then sensor to check temps? whats the AUX temp coming from because thats also high. and also my CPU doesn't even read sometimes it drops so low in temp i'm just using a Masscool AM HS and some thermal paste they gave me

I really don't wanna do water cooling because i'm afraid that i might fry my computer

Also would CD/DVD burner temps be a concern? like when im running BF2 would it help to cool the CD/DVD drive?

A good VGA cooler for the 7900GS, is the Zalman VF900. It's dropped my temps by 10C. It's not compatible with any of the newer series, though. I'm not sure if there is any VGA cooler, compatible with all series. I doubt it. Actually 50C on idle or load, is really good.

AUX I've read, is the PSU's temperature....but I wouldn't be concerned about it.

Also would CD/DVD burner temps be a concern? like when im running BF2 would it help to cool the CD/DVD drive?
Mount an image of your disk on your hard drive... no need for the CD then. That's how I play mine.

your getting a pretty good temp but a vf900 will help

also, your sig is huge man, might wanna fix it before trotter does

if you ask me I really don't think a CD or DVD being read by a DVD-Rom/Burner generates that much heat at all to consider it a factor of high temps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom