System32 file missing or corrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got the same problem too n my computer has been down since Feb; i am so depressed because i have no stinkin computer to use................

i got no Windows XP Pro CD to use so, im screwed until i get a ****ing job n buy the full version of Vista Ultimate n upgrade.

*back to looking for classes for new semester n STILL looking for a job since August 2006*

i got the same problem too n my computer has been down since Feb; i am so depressed because i have no stinkin computer to use................

i got no Windows XP Pro CD to use so, im screwed until i get a ****ing job n buy the full version of Vista Ultimate n upgrade.

*back to looking for classes for new semester n STILL looking for a job since August 2006*
Did you see my post?
I found something else you can use: a bootable recovery console image
http://www.thecomputerparamedic.com/files/rc.iso

you will need to use a program like Nero or ImgBurn (imgburn is free) to burn this image to a CD

Then you can boot from this recovery console CD, and use the commands above (in bold)

Ubuntu Home Page | Ubuntu

Do you still get the "C:\windows\system32\config\system missing or corrupt" message?
yes i still get that message

i tried the commands and none worked
i'm going to try to get a real windows xp disk from my boyfriend hopefully soon. so maybe that will fix it

he let his brother borrow it a long time ago and never got it back..
and he lives far away so theres no telling when he'll get it back
but im DYING to have my computer back :(
So hopefully it will be soon
just out of curiosity, did you try the commands using the recovery disc you have? or with the recovery console CD I linked?

i used my recovery cd... i never got a chance to download the file u linked to
I think that's the reason it didn't work.
You say it only gives you an A: prompt, which leads me to believe it doesn't read NTFS

If you can't get an XP CD, then I think the recovery console CD I linked would be your best bet

I think that's the reason it didn't work.
You say it only gives you an A: prompt, which leads me to believe it doesn't read NTFS

If you can't get an XP CD, then I think the recovery console CD I linked would be your best bet

well i got an xp cd from my boyfriend and i got my computer fixed but now i have to get another disk from him that install something so i can use the modem i guess cuz i left that disk there cuz i didnt think i needed it but it wont let me online.. the option to use dial-up modem is disabled.. it wont let me click on it but hopefully that other disk is all i need then i'll be good to go..

i have another question tho.. i tried to install the sims 2 and it ways i need directX9.0 compatible graphics adapters to play.. what does that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom