Help with my cooling....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deviator

Baseband Member
hey guys.. uhm i wanted to say.. i placed my power supply's wires in a well positioned place.. where it doesnt bother my fans or anything.. but its only a 300W power supply..
for sum reason my graphics card reads 50*c-60*c most of the time.. which i know is hot.. does that mean my pc is also at that temp?
also if i get a 600+W power supply will that improve my speed/temperature?

Is your graphics card ATI? It is quite typical for an ATI card to get those readings. While playing FarCry, my X800 gets up to 67C. Some people have even reported 80C and were still playing stabily. No worries, Deviator.

my graphics card is a
PNY Nvidia GeForce FX 5900 SE
do i need a new power supply?, will that improve the temp?

no i dont think. If you need a bigger Power supply the symptoms are.. 1. fails to boot up. 2. computer shuts down randomly i forgot a 3rd one lol

a bigger power supply will only do you good if you put in more fans to circulate the air around... also you can buy a replacement/extra video card fan for performance if that is what worries you. but it really depends on your system, if it's performance directed or not. give us your specs and some'll tell ya.
a bigger power supply has nothing to do w/ video card temp, w/ the rare exception of the video card not getting enough electricity to run it's fan at maximum. plus, a bigger psu might increase the average temp of the air inside the system, which will defenetly do you no good.

i just saw your specs, didn't notice them before. w/ 4 case fans (if you didn't include psu, processor fan, and such, then in my opinion you might wanna get a more powerful psu, true. it's possible taht they don't get enough current so air flow is diminuished. give us your chassis temperature, plz. you can get that through bios if u have a mobo w/ a temp sensor. it's in PC Health

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom