AMD 5000x2 = Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice8168

Baseband Member
Which C2D processor be equal or slightly better than an AMD x2 5000?

Want to build an equal or better machine on an intel platform.

I think think the new E4500 is slightly faster than 5000+

However, I strongly recommend E6550

Well I need to assmble a system based on a mATX platform using a C2D processor as cheap as possible. And I want it to be at least equal to the system in my sig. It will be a gift for someone so I need it fairly cheap.

Requirments are on board video, and 775 socket.

I was looking at the E4400, Gigabyte 865 board and some value DDR400 ram. Wondering how close that would get me to the sys in my sig.

Any ideas from anyone else. This is my first exp with SFF systems. I like the G33 boars but they're kinda high. ON the other hand if it really makes that much of a difference Ill use it and spend the cash.

Well I need to assmble a system based on a mATX platform using a C2D processor as cheap as possible. And I want it to be at least equal to the system in my sig. It will be a gift for someone so I need it fairly cheap.

Requirments are on board video, and 775 socket.

I was looking at the E4400, Gigabyte 865 board and some value DDR400 ram. Wondering how close that would get me to the sys in my sig.

value ddr400 memory?

Newegg.com - Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom