Need help with overclocking my video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
Well I just realized today that the video card I bought was advertised on Newegg as 625/900. My card is 500/594. I'm ****ed!

I have the Sapphire X1950XT. I'm trying to overclock it to the speeds it should be at. I got to 600MHz core and I got a few artifacts with ATi tray tools. When you get instability with video cards, is there anything you can do, or is that just as far as you can go?

You're suppose to UP both Core and Mem clock. That way it's stable. Try to UP your Mem clock to about 670 and Core clock to 550. They should somewhat be far apart from each other. You should also download the trial version for Everest Ultimate Edition and check how many percent is the VGA overclocked.

wow....that's really underclocked. To overclock the graphic card, you should first find the max core clock, before you get artifacts. Then find the max mem clock. When it is unstable, lower the clock, until you get no artifacts. Then lower it by 5-10 to be safe.

Overclocking programs such as ATI Tool, has an artifact scanner. You'll also notice artifacts in games and such, when your graphic card is unstable. The artifacts just look like dots or lines, that you wouldn't normally see on your screen.

I've used ATI Tool, to overclock all my video cards...and I have to say, it has worked very well for me. Rivatuner, I'm not sure of, because I've never used it.

i like rivatuner better, just a personal preference. i like the user interface mucho mas.
rivatuner does not have an artifact scanner. it has a test, and it will tell you if you are too high. another good test is bf2. that wall out of whack? whoa...better turn it down a little. lol.

ATI Tool is really simple. Well CrazeD, follow what b1gapl said. I was kind of in a rush to get to my tennis practice so I wasn't able to explain it a bit more clearly.

I don't want to have to run more programs than I need to, and ATi tray tools seems to work fine and I use it for some other stuff, so I'm gonna stick with that unless it fails me.

I'm at 580/800 without artifacts, but my 3dMark06 score went down. >_>. Is this because it's unstable? How long should I run the artifact scanner for? If it gets even 1 artifact, is that unstable?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom