I heard...is it true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic~Fury

Baseband Member
I was told I should give my fan+heatsink and the arctic silver 5 bout a month coz thats about how long it takes to see actual results. ??? Could it also be that my PSU isn't powerful enough? its 420w but my fan has a limit of 3500rpm and is going faster than that, sometimes up to 3875rpm

na thats not it... like i have a 550 watt PSU. My max case fan speed is like 3000 RPM. Its not gonna go at like 5000 RPM cause i got a huge PSU. The fan bacisalyl takes what it can handle no more/no less. Somtimes it varies too if its hooked up to the motherboard or PSU. I think if its hooked up to the mobo the speed of the fan can change.

Monster00 said:
na thats not it... like i have a 550 watt PSU. My max case fan speed is like 3000 RPM. Its not gonna go at like 5000 RPM cause i got a huge PSU. The fan bacisalyl takes what it can handle no more/no less. Somtimes it varies too if its hooked up to the motherboard or PSU. I think if its hooked up to the mobo the speed of the fan can change.

i think he's talkin processor fan, and ur talkin case fan.

dont know much about artics, but i don't see how performance would get better after a month... or did i get something wrong here? and as long as the fan is going higher than the limit, it sure as hell is no problem.

It takes about 3 days to get the best bond with AS5, if you wanna do it quicker, run 3dmark01 or Prime95 for about 24-48 hrs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom