Standby mode problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jester01

Solid State Member
Ok I still havnt got my gaming comp fixed but im using this Compaq I had just for now ..The problem is that it goes into standby alone when left sitting but once it gets on standby it auto. gets out of standby.Ive tried even putting it on standby myself but doesnt want to stay in standby. dont know why its doing that

Right click on your Desktop, go to Properties. Click the Screensaver tab and click the Power button. There should be a pop-up to options about Stand-by, Monitor turning on and off, HDD hibernating.

Ok thanks just took a look .. I click on the screen saver tab I see the power button clicked on it.. Now it shows a Power options Properties.Turn Off Monitor : Never or pick from after 1 min to 5 hours
Turn off Hard disks : Never or pick after 3 mins to 5 hours

then theres System Standby its on after 15 mins now
System Hibernates its on Never now or I can pick after 20 mins to 6 hours

so what I should do is have monitor shut off computer go into standby and hard drive into Hibernation? Sorry just not sure on this stuff and not knowing if turn off hard disks will just turn it off or if its just in hibernation and dont want to be setting anything that could be wrong and just make things worse..

There is also a Tab Hibernate which has Eneble Hibernation checked.
Free disk space 63,597mb
Disk space required to hibernate 504mb

You should turn off the hibernate feature. It's not needed.

The hard drive should never be turned off.

Maybe it doesn't stay in standby mode, because you either moved the mouse, or touched a key on the keyboard.

I do have an optical mouse ..good point but not sure i used it on my gameing comp and never had done that on that computer..i'll give this a try see what happen if still does i'll switch to a wired old mouse to see if it is that.. Thank you guys for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom