Can't do three monitors in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quit being rude and snotty guys, he's posted a valid question on forums where people are supposed to HELP them.

The reason you can't use 3 monitors is because Vista's Aero interface requires all monitors to use the same video driver. Which means you need either 1 card that supports 3 monitors as someone posted above, or else you need 2 cards which use the same driver (IE a pair of X1000+ Radeons) You should be able to pick up any X1000+ graphics card to solve your problem, as I believe all X1000's actually use the same driver.

Score another for Vista!

Jeebus christ you got alot of hard drives :p

Edit: You could also try disabling Vista's Aero Interface. Won't be as pretty, but should work. Sadly off the top of my head I don't know how to do this, I've never tried. Google it :)

Thanks for an intelligent response to a serious question. (I'll digress a little and snap back at the rude responses - three monitors are quite useful if you're doing stuff like charting the stock market while doing email while managing business books - in other words productive stuff - not games)

I'll check out disabling Aero Glass and maybe buy a cheap ATI 1000 pci card if that doesn't work - THANKS!

Quit being rude and snotty guys, he's posted a valid question on forums where people are supposed to HELP them.

The reason you can't use 3 monitors is because Vista's Aero interface requires all monitors to use the same video driver. Which means you need either 1 card that supports 3 monitors as someone posted above, or else you need 2 cards which use the same driver (IE a pair of X1000+ Radeons) You should be able to pick up any X1000+ graphics card to solve your problem, as I believe all X1000's actually use the same driver.

Score another for Vista!

Jeebus christ you got alot of hard drives :p

Edit: You could also try disabling Vista's Aero Interface. Won't be as pretty, but should work. Sadly off the top of my head I don't know how to do this, I've never tried. Google it :)

haha nice looks like comps are for work and some people need the extra space and get 3 moniters. If your gaming get a ps3 or xbox 360, 1080p and 1080i resolution, games guararetee run smooth and awesome online game play. Your always talking about the best bang for buck, 500-600 for one of these while your waste 1000+ buying a GTX and Core 2 quad

I would agree on the multi-monitor setup to be able to be a HUGE help with work. It seems that some of our younger members see computers as primarly a gaming tool... lol

ZOIKS... 4 WD's in RAID0, I hope you have some sort of backup system in place.... once one of those drives bites the dust, the whole array is toast. DOH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom