Can't load XP pro with Core 2 duo e6750(2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtslegacy

Baseband Member
Can anyone give any advice? I can't load or run windows xp with the intel core2duo e6750 proc in dual core mode. I am using the E6750 with the intel DG33TL board. When loading XP pro I get to the point when XP is setting up at the blue screen with the progress bar and 39 min till setup is complete,the progress bar shows "installing devices", the download stops with blue screen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a. To load XP Pro (svc pack 1) I had to enter BIOS and disable the secondary core for the processor. I am then able to load XP fine. Once XP was loaded I did not load service pack 2, but went back to the bios and enabled the secondary core. Windows loaded one time then downloaded an update because it detected new hardware then restarted. I was then unable to load XP upon restart even after disable or the secondary core again. I had to reload XP with the secondary core disabled to get the computer up again. I now have service pack 2 loaded but I am afraid to enable the other core unless I can come across what could be a definite fix or patch. Got no help from intel or microsoft. Ideas anyone? Thanks

This is because XP recognizes each core as a processor. For XP it will only allow you to register 1 core. So having each core on shows 2 processors. Which violates teh EULA of XP.

It has since been revisted for Vista and the newer versions of XP to allow for a install. But you need a build of XP that is at least from 2006 if not this year.

Back when XP was first done up there was no dual core so XP was written to be activated per processor. So a dual core processor is 2 processor you need a XP copy that has at least SP2 with it.

Can anyone give any advice? I can't load or run windows xp with the intel core2duo e6750 proc in dual core mode. I am using the E6750 with the intel DG33TL board. When loading XP pro I get to the point when XP is setting up at the blue screen with the progress bar and 39 min till setup is complete,the progress bar shows "installing devices", the download stops with blue screen IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a. To load XP Pro (svc pack 1) I had to enter BIOS and disable the secondary core for the processor. I am then able to load XP fine. Once XP was loaded I did not load service pack 2, but went back to the bios and enabled the secondary core. Windows loaded one time then downloaded an update because it detected new hardware then restarted. I was then unable to load XP upon restart even after disable or the secondary core again. I had to reload XP with the secondary core disabled to get the computer up again. I now have service pack 2 loaded but I am afraid to enable the other core unless I can come across what could be a definite fix or patch. Got no help from intel or microsoft. Ideas anyone? Thanks

"This is because XP recognizes each core as a processor. For XP it will only allow you to register 1 core. So having each core on shows 2 processors. Which violates teh EULA of XP."

right on da' money what u would do at this point is to slipstream SP2 into Windows XP, and reattempt an install or go "acquire" a new copy and reuse ur key... (get sp2 this time)

Thank you. GOD bless you guys. Even Microsoft could'nt help me with this. I kind of figured that might have been the problem. What I have already done before my 1st post was load up XP in single core and then upgraded to service pack 2. Since I am up and running now, do you think I could just enable the Dual Core in the Bios and run ok from this point or will I have to slipstream a xp/sp2 copy and install it fresh?

Since you have SP2 already installed you should be able to jsut enalbe the 2nd core now and it should work jsut fine.

I just did the same thing last night. I reinstalled on my slipstreamed disk and got an error which forced me to reboot, tossed in my old pre sp1 disk and let it resume then switched back to my slipstreamed cd and finished installing. Slipstreaming a sp2 disc isnt really that hard, just do a google search for it. The only problem i had was that my cheapy version of nero did not allow me to creat a boot disc so i had to burn it at work.

for what its worth, my machine is sooo much faster now that i reinstalled clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom