Laptop EXTREMELY HOT!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dunno about your laptop but my laptop has 2 fans on the bottom of the laptop which imho is the dumbest idea ever cause a laptop goes on your **** lap which blocks the fans. so i can never use mine in my bed or sofa or something like that and even sitting on my desk itll over heat and shut down instantly. and dont fall for those cooling product things cause most of them dont work. i bought the antec notebook cooler which, instead of cooling my notebook, made it hotter. it sucks in the "heat" from the notebook but really it was sucking air from the fans on the bottom of my laptop so the internals of my laptop had no air going through it. honestly this was my best fix

laptopyi6.jpg

useless dumbells that no one used... gave the laptop so much more air and i could leave it on for weeks upon weeks with no problems.

im pretty sure that wasnt the solution you were looking for but i thought id share anyway ;)

looks like its just me... but 170* doesnt seem "Extremely hot" with a laptop...

within my experiences, near 100% pushes 180* fahrenheit .. i use everest to monitor it...

yea, cleaning it helps alot. i didnt have any more air inside the last blast can so i just used a toothbrush and lung power to clear out the dust on the CPU vent. helped a bit...

EDIT: is there a list of general temps for laptop CPU's?

looks like its just me... but 170* doesnt seem "Extremely hot" with a laptop...

within my experiences, near 100% pushes 180* fahrenheit .. i use everest to monitor it...

yea, cleaning it helps alot. i didnt have any more air inside the last blast can so i just used a toothbrush and lung power to clear out the dust on the CPU vent. helped a bit...

EDIT: is there a list of general temps for laptop CPU's?

in my experience, most of them shut down for safety after 150 degrees fahrenheit monitored with speedfan but i think 170 is kinda hot and does need to be cooled down before something melts. my friends video card melted onto his mobo at 200 degrees, the computer sensor that shuts it down wasnt working or something i guess.

in my experience, most of them shut down for safety after 150 degrees fahrenheit monitored with speedfan but i think 170 is kinda hot and does need to be cooled down before something melts. my friends video card melted onto his mobo at 200 degrees, the computer sensor that shuts it down wasnt working or something i guess.

thats very interesting. I suppose he had the laptop on for a very long time for that to happen. before i installed everest, im sure our lappy took a beating...

@ 205* F, when playing GTA:VC the game starts to lag. after i lift the laptop off the table for 10 seconds, it cools to 180's and the game is as smooth as before.

most shut down after 150*F hmm... i've only had long experiences with one laptop and i find that very odd...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom