Is PCI Express worth waiting for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

platerra07

Solid State Member
what do you guys think, is PCI Express worth waiting for, i am getting an x800 xt and want to know if i should wait till the pci e boards come out or if it really wont make that much of a difference.

I didn't wait, but if you are willing to wait it is probably worth it. However, it all depends on the question "Are you willing to wait?" If you can live without a new computer till fall when PCIExpress is supposed to hit, then I say wait. If you are like me and are sick of using the family computer with integrated graphics, then I say build now with the X800, and upgrade your mobo a year or two later when there are more games that will take advantage of PCI-Express.

I'd say go with the x800. I don't think many games will make the best use of pci express for a while. It's kinda like 64 bit, it's just not really necessary right now based on the software that's out.

i wuld definitly wait bro because you allready know AGP 8x well PCI-X is going to be PCI 16x so ya. and pci-x bandwith is both ways. but you have to buy a pci-x 16x motherboard and those are out right now but the pci-x cardz wont be out until JUNE which will be the ATI radeon X880

BS, it doesn't matter, the cards today don't even use the full capacity of AGP 8x, why would we need 16x?

From my specs U guys can see that I am in serious need of an upgrade.
But I have decided to wait for the newer techs to come out.
Gigabyte already has introduced a line of mobos for INTEL processors which has support for PCI-Express,DDR2 533.
Maybe mobos for AMD takes some time but they r sure to come out.

Yeah you wont see much of any difference in performance with it, unless the X880 is really THAT much better....

so you guys dont think amd athlon 64 socket 939 will be supporting pci express anytime soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom