Overclocking on a D975XBX2 Intel Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernTantalus

Baseband Member
I'm trying to overclock my CPU and RAM on a D975XBX2 Intel Mobo and running into quite a few problems. First of all, it won't let me adjust the FSB speed. Just the voltage. Actually, all it will let me adjust is the FSB voltage, CPU voltage, and MCH voltage. It will let me manually enter the clock speed that I want. I've also tried overclocking my PC6400 RAM sticks. I reduced the latencies to 4-4-4-12 and boosted the voltage all the way up to 2.8, but my system was still unstable. Everything I read online states that my brand and type of RAM should be able to be set at those latencies easily with 2.3 volts at most. Any advice?

Enableing the Overclocking is as easy as just overriding the default settings in the BIOS. there isn't an option in the bios for disabling EIST or C1E. I thought I might need to update my BIOS on my mobo, but turns out that my mobo refuses to do that too. *bangs head on desk*

Things are working better. Thanks for the advice. On this mobo the C1E settings were only available if the BIOS jumper was set to maintenance mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom