Motherboard video question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soloman02

In Runtime
okay, my parents want to get e new computer( since thei emachince 1 Ghz celeron just doesn't cut it for the net anymore, even after running ad aware and spybot) anyways, I have quoted them prices from newegg.com( i would build it) What my dad doesn't understand, is that the motherboard i showed him( for intel) only has a VGA port. they want to buy a LCD monitor. yet, the computer at best buy, circuit city, etc. have lcd monitors with them. how can they have an lcd monitor come with them, if they only have a VGA port???

maybe their is something i am missing, because it seems like they have to bundle a vid card with the computer with LCD monitors at the major store.

LCDs can be hooked to a VGA port, the only thing is is the image response will be slower because the computer has to convert the image from digital to analog for the VGA port, and the LCD monitor will have to convert the analog back to digital. Thats why it is better if you buy a seperate video card and disable the onboard one.

cool, thx for the info, now i know why they can bundle them together. I just hope i can convince my parents into letting me build one, instead of them buying one from a major store.

Soloman02 said:
cool, thx for the info, now i know why they can bundle them together. I just hope i can convince my parents into letting me build one, instead of them buying one from a major store.

Plead with them, don't let them fall into the scam of store brand computers!

i know, i will try, since i built my first computer, i will never go back to prebuilt computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom