overclock e6400 w/ FSB only?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
I have an e6400 on an Asus P5B-E mobo. Have been running at stock speeds, 37c-ish idle, but am starting to want more. I've been toying with getting a Q6600, but am hoping to push it off a few months with an overclocking boost.

Is there any harm in just upping the FSB little by little (default is 266 i think) in BIOS and leaving everything else as auto? Not looking for a huge boost, maybe going to 2.6 or so as long as the temps stay tolerable. I've gotten it up to 2.3 with this approach and no problems but wasn't sure how far to push it. If any other steps are needed, could someone point me in the right direction?

you probably could, i got my E6600 to 3.0 without changing anything else...speedstep still on, auto voltage...

nothing disabled, just set the fsb to manual and started going up by 5's for a while - should anything be disabled?

Oh you're going to have to disable those 2 options. Enable your overclocking function and then you can UP your FSB. Also download Orthos and run a CPU and RAM Stress Test. If it fails, your speed is unstable. Put some juice into it and run the stress Test again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom