Overclocking stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadow

In Runtime
I've never overclocked and most of the people I work with either have and discourage others from doing it or have also never done it. I just wanted to hear some stories good or bad about your experiences with OC'ing...

Bumped up my VGA mem clock to about 1000 and my computer shut off right away. Had to run Enable VGA Mode. Took my CPU to about 2.8 and I had to reformat when I already had everything intalled. ECS is holding me back, really it is. :(

i bought a 65 dollar x2 brisbane 3600, and it now runs neck and neck (except for l2 cache) with an x2 6000. which at the moment costs 169 dollars. when i first got my 3600, the 6000 was like 350 or something.
my 2 7900gs video cards BOTH run faster (overclocked) than the stock speed of the 7900gt, and they cost about half as much. yes, i max everything.
so, i say forget NOT overclocking...it's fun and you can save money...thereby having more beer money. mmmm. beer.

I love tinkering with the BIOS, to get the CPU to go faster and faster. I've gotten mine to 3.6GHz, but the temperatures weren't I liked them. So I run normally at 3.2GHz. I also tried to go A-wall, and pushed for 3.7GHz. I got into Windows for just 3 seconds of glory.

I love tinkering with the BIOS, to get the CPU to go faster and faster. I've gotten mine to 3.6GHz, but the temperatures weren't I liked them. So I run normally at 3.2GHz. I also tried to go A-wall, and pushed for 3.7GHz. I got into Windows for just 3 seconds of glory.

i tried going to 2.0ghz... with my Northwood... but my crappy Apacer stick crapped one me.... so i had to go down... but anyways... I stopped at 1.8ghz... a whole 200mhz more :) lol!!!

nagasama said:
long enough for a cpuz screen shot lol

If only CPU-Z was on the desktop...heh...it was in My Documents, in the CPU-Z folder....darn it...

you gotta be quick bro...
cpuz and mwsnap both on the desktop and bang bang you're golden...
of course us more reputable (lol) forum members would require stability proof....but just GETTING it there counts for something.

I'll give it a try, some other time, when both pain and CPU-Z are on the desktop...haha. Gotta practice the PrtSc motion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom