Case fan not working properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

random123

Solid State Member
I recently finished building my new computer however my case fan doesn't turn on unless I go into BIOS and save my changes and exit (even if I don't actually make any changes). My case fan is an Arctic Cooling 120mm fan. I don't know if this would make a difference but my case fan is powered through the CPU fan power and the CPU fan connects to my case fan wires to get power because I only have one 4-pin power socket.

The fan did come with a molex connector and I am using it right now, but that's not really my problem. I can't get my case fan to start spinning unless I go into BIOS before booting on Windows.

Are there any settings that I should have enabled or disabled in order for a case fan to work?

In the instruction manual for the fan it said to enable that function however I can't find anything that's similar to that. By the way, my motherboard model is Asus M2V.

As I said before, I don't really need to make any changes in BIOS, I just need to enter then exit and the fan will start spinning.

All I can think of is something is twitching the settings of the Chassis fan. Try going through your BIOS and check these : CPU Q Fan Control and Chassis Q Fan Control. It probably might be the problem, if not come back. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom