video card overheating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster00

Daemon Poster
ok this is weird... I just got my new HD today and now i can play games and stuff. The 2 games i play is star wars galaxies and tribes. Tribes is a old game from 98 keep that in mind.. I got a 128MB 9600 PRO BTW. Well i was playing tribes and it was running fine. I installed SWG and about 5 min into the game the monitor goes blank. Then it shuts off. The video card is also hot. Now i dont know if this would be a problem.. but my old motherboard only supported 4X. Now my board supports 8X. My card is 4x/8x AGP. Do u think since the card is more powerful since its at 8x it will overheat? i mean i can get a waterblock since i got this really good watercooling system and it keeps the antifreeze in there like 30 degreesF and my CPU is running at like 60 degrees F. Its just that i have like no money cause i just upgraded and needed to get a new HD just put me back even more. So what do u guys think?

do you have a slot under the agp card ? If so take it out that will help and move it down.

Better than a piece of shit FX, besides, the 9600PRO smokes the FX5600, just like the X800XT smokes the 6800U.

-=B$=- said:
uhhh i know your prob you have an ATI card:cool:

yea no offence... but you should not talk. I already fixed the problem anyway.. i had to update my drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom